English | June 30, 2015 | ISBN: 178439646X | 508 pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 72 Mb
Learn how to create and implement SOA strategies on the Microsoft technology stack using BizTalk Server 2013 and Azure Integration platforms
About This Book
- Learn about core SOA principles and fundamental building blocks for an SOA, such as WCF, REST, and Azure Service Bus
- Implement an effective SOA strategy by leveraging BizTalk Server 2013 and Azure technologies
- Explore SOA concepts through plenty of examples and code to guide you
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer who has been tasked with building service-oriented BizTalk Server solutions, this book is for you. It will help you to envision an enterprise solution and implement the software blueprint.
What You Will Learn
- Understand how to implement SOA with BizTalk Server and the Azure platform
- Consume and expose WCF services effectively via the use of Service Bus Relays and RESTful services
- Implement effective schema design, including an introduction to various schema design patterns
- Exploit various message exchange/endpoint patterns including request-response, fire and forget, and client callbacks
- Leverage orchestration design patterns that maximize flexibility and reuse
- Future-proof your BizTalk Server artifacts using well thought out versioning strategies
- Build loosely-coupled BizTalk applications using the ESB Toolkit
- Take a peek at API Apps, Logic Apps, and Azure API Management
A service-oriented architecture (SOA) is a vendor, product, or technology independent pattern that enables application components in a network to obtain services from other components. You can take advantage of the Microsoft Integration Stack to implement your SOA strategy smoothly and cost effectively.
SOA Patterns with BizTalk Server 2013 and Microsoft Azure, Second Edition provides an overview of Microsoft Integration technologies, including BizTalk Server, and demonstrates how you can leverage these technologies to implement a successful SOA.
Starting with an introduction to BizTalk Server and WCF, you will learn about RESTful services, JSON, and Azure Service Bus, and how to apply SOA principles to creating BizTalk solutions. Moving on, you will learn how to implement versioning in endpoints, orchestrations, and schemas. Finally, you will discover the usage of the ESB Toolkit and extend the connectivity of BizTalk Server applications to Microsoft Azure.