English | October 27, 2014 | ISBN: 1782167765 | 386 pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI/Code Files | 48 Mb
Over 75 practical recipes to maximize your productivity with NetBeans
About This Book
- Increase developer productivity using features like refactoring and code creation
- Test applications effectively using JUnit, TestNG and Arquilian
- A recipe based guide filled with practical examples to help you create robust applications using NetBeans
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a Java developer of any level using NetBeans and want to learn how to get the most out of NetBeans, then this book is for you. Learning how to utilize NetBeans will provide a firm foundation for your Java application development.
What You Will Learn
- Develop a variety of application types using different libraries with Ant, Maven, and NetBeans
- Refactor code efficiently and quickly
- Manage databases with ease from within your IDE
- Configure your mobile development environment
- Develop enterprise applications using the latest Java EE 7 technologies
- Version-control your applications with a variety of different providers
- Use the latest testing and profiling tools
- Extend NetBeans with an array of new features
From the start to the end of a Java project’s lifecycle, this book will show you how to perform many key tasks with the NetBeans IDE, uncovering more about mobile, desktop, and enterprise Java along the way.
You will start by creating Java projects and learning how to refactor and use NetBeans tools to increase developer efficiency. You will then get a walkthrough of how to create a desktop application before covering JavaFX and mobile applications and how to use external services within them. Having seen how to create many different types of applications, you will then be shown how to test and profile them before storing them in revision control systems such as Git or Subversion. Finally,you will learn how to extend NetBeans itself by adding new features to the IDE.